It IS about the gear...
I never stop smiling when I hear that famous phrase: "It's not about the gear!" So let me tell you that it is not about the gear ONLY. You could have the best eye in the universe and see things that other people can't, but when your camera is not capable of capturing the exact moment you need, your image is doomed. After seven years with Canon I have decided to do a major switch to Nikon in September 2017. The very reason was the D850, which I managed to get in my hands as one of the very first photographers in my country. I was so excited with its dynamic range that decision came almost instantly. Right now I'm in process of finding the best possible lenses for my work so I'm testing all kinds of Nikon and Zeiss lenses. Will keep you updated.
It is not really important what gear I personally have but fellow photographers usually tend to ask, so I've decided to write it down here.
So my gear currently consists of...
- Nikon D850 body
- Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
- Nikon 16-35mm f/4 VR
- Nikon 135mm f/2 DC
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
- Gitzo GT1541T Tripod plus Gitzo GH1382TQD Head
- Aputure Amaran AL-HR672W LED light for an indoor photography
- Photo Backpacks: National Geographic (carry-on), ThinkTank Airport Commuter (carry-on), Naneu Outlander 50L (expeditions)
- all sorts of BW filters plus a remote release cord